Lumber to Lake in 5 DaysBy John Bridges #512 "Lavender Duck" (28es 18eo 20ea 43ad 50ar)
Thanks, the newsletters just get better and better. In this one you mention that a PDRacer can be built in two weekends and sailed on the third. We can do better than that in the Pittsburgh area.
- Monday 20th September I received a phone call from Cheryl B. to enquire if we could build a Puddle Duck that week so that her kids could race at the Yellow Creek Lake that weekend.
- Tuesday morning there was a pile of lumber and plywood in my garage quickly seized by Cheryl, her daughter and some of her neighbours for cutting out and fabricating bulkheads and transoms. Work continued at a frantic pace.
- Wednesday and she was able to take a hull home with her that evening.
- Thursday saw them painting and rigging. The primer was dry by 2 am.
- Friday morning and as requested mum woke the kids who dashed out of bed to apply the final coat, and back to bed for the rest of the night.
- Saturday morning saw the family setting off for Indiana PA and PDRacer # 600 was able to participate in the race.